Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What am I going to do?

Wow, this was a great course. Lori B. thanks for your time and effort in helping me do this course. Your patience is also appreciated as always. I look forward to applying some of the things I have learned here with my kids this coming school year.
I know technology has a place in every subject area. I feel I am a bit challenged as I only see my kids twice a week (and there are so many of them) and that finding time to do "sit down" work has some issues. I am really going to try to do the blog with parents and kids on certain topic areas like fitness, nutrition and other areas of interest to the parents. I think I need to start off slow with a small target group of kids...maybe one classroom one grade and work from there.
I also would like to try the video idea of the progression of certain skills. I think this would be a great way for kids to enhance their learning.
Technology amazes me daily. I am so excited to learn more and to watch my kids learn and grow in this amazing world. I look forward to taking more classes and seeing where I can go with what is offered to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think these are great ideas, Colleen! Definitely start with a small, target group, until you and the kids feel comfortable. Then maybe they could even teach others to use your blog. I'd love to see you slowly build a bank of skill videos too. Again, start small. Even if you only do a couple this year, you can always keep building on that in the future.

And of course, please let me know if you need help getting started or instructing the kids or whatever.